• Home
  • Payment Options
  • Payment Plans
  • Payment Plan

Payment Plan

The University of Kansas' payment plan is administered by Nelnet. The payment plan allows students to pay their tuition, required campus fees, University housing charges, meal plan, and optional campus fees over various months depending on the semester. There is a $45 enrollment fee each term you use the Nelnet payment plan. Students may enroll in the payment plan by logging into Enroll & Pay.  If you need further assistance in establishing a payment plan, please contact Nelnet Customer Service at 888-470-6014.

To avoid late payment fees, enroll in the payment plan and pay the $45 enrollment fee plus the 1st monthly payment for the selected plan by the payment due date.

After you enroll in a Nelnet payment plan, all monthly payments will be auto deducted. Nelnet will send a monthly statement to the student until the student's payment plan is paid in full or cancelled. Not receiving a Nelnet statement does not negate the student's responsibility to pay the amount owed by the appropriate due date.

Student Accounts and Receivables will continue to provide monthly ebill-notifications as long as charges exist on your KU account. Please use KU's monthly ebill to verify you are paying the appropriate amounts to Nelnet. If variances exist between what you owe KU and your payment plan established with Nelnet, you are responsible for adjusting your Nelnet payment plan account. Underpayments can cause you to receive late fees from KU after the payment plan ends. KU assesses late fees after the 15th of each month when the payment plan is not in effect. In addition, you will not be able to enroll in future terms or receive a transcript until your KU account is paid in full.

Nelnet Enrollment Dates
Fall = June 1st - September 15th
Spring = November 1st - February 15th


Choose 4 or 3 interest-free monthly payments due on the 1st of each month.

Payment Due Dates
Fall = July 1st, Aug 1st, Sept 1st & Oct 1st
Spring = Dec 1st, Jan 1st, Feb 1st & Mar 1st

Contact Information

KU Student Accounts & Receivables
1246 West Campus Road, Room 20
Lawrence, KS 66045

What would you like to do?

How do I view my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices; instead you will be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated. To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay, select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select Print or View a Bill

What are my payment options?

  • PAY ONLINE through Enroll & Pay with eCheck, Bank Wire or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
  • Mail in a personal check, cashier's check or money order to the above address.
  • Pay in person with check or money order. In person payments can be put into the drop box located on the loading dock behind Carruth O'Leary, on the east side of the buliding. Please include your name and KU ID Number, and put your payment inside of an envelope.
  • A payment plan4 through Nelnet is another option. There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees. This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Sign up through Enroll & Pay by selecting the Student Financials Tile and then clicking the Direct Deposit link from the left-hand menu, OR fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) and bring it to KU Student Accounts & Receivables.

What if I want to appeal a late fee?

Go to the KU Registrar’s home page and complete an online Fee Petition under the “Tuition & Fees” link

How do I access my 1098-T tax form?

In Enroll & Pay select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select 1098-T. The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically, you (or your student) need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, then click the green “submit” button.

To Do Checklist
  • Sign up for Direct Deposit. This is University policy. Refunds will be delayed if a direct deposit account is not on file.
  • Set Up Delegates. A delegate will have access to designated information in your account and allows KU to discuss your account with the designated individuals. This could be a parent/guardian, spouse, or another designated individual.
  • 1098-T Reporting.  Provide your Social Security Number to the Registrar's Office for 1098-T tax purposes. Failure to do so may result in a fee assessed to you by the IRS.
  • Keep Your Contact Information Updated.  Log into Enroll & Pay > Personal Details.
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today