Student Accounts and Receivables administers the following student loan programs: 

  • Health Professions Student Loan Program — HPSL (pharmacy students only)
  • Loans for Disadvantaged Students Program —LDS (pharmacy students only)

Please contact Financial Aid & Scholarships to obtain one of these loans.  Financial Aid & Scholarships handles the awarding of these loans and Student Accounts & Receivables is responsible for award distribution and loan collections for these programs.

Please visit the ECSI website for further information and payment options.

Perkins Loan Program

Under federal law, the authority for schools to make new Perkins Loans ended on Sept. 30, 2017, and final disbursements were permitted through June 30, 2018. As a result, students can no longer receive Perkins Loans.

If you received a Perkins Loan prior to June 30, 2018 and have questions, please contact us at or 785-864-3322. Additional information regarding the Perkins Loan Program can be found on the U.S. Department of Education website.

The University of Kansas Medical Center has its own Perkins Loan Program. You will need to treat any Perkins, HPSL, or LDS loans received from KUMC as separate loans from those loans received from our office.

Loan Deferment, Cancellation and Forgiveness, Discharge, and Rehabilitation Benefits.

Please visit the ECSI website for information and application instructions for loan repayment options and forgiveness benefits.


Loan Consolidation

Perkins, HPSL and LDS loans can be consolidated. This will not be done automatically and the University of Kansas will only sell your loan at your request. If you wish to have these loans included with other outstanding loans, you must contact a consolidating agency and request that these loans be added to the consolidation loan.

Once you have consolidated, you are subject to the terms and conditions of the consolidating agency and are no longer eligible for deferment or cancellation benefits through the Perkins, HPSL and/or LDS programs. Your account is subject to the terms and conditions of the consolidating agency.

For more information, please visit the Federal Student Aid website.