• Home
  • Refunds
  • Financial Aid Refunds

Financial Aid Refunds

Financial Aid and Scholarship Disbursement (FASD)
Excess financial aid will be electronically transferred to your designated bank account.

Direct Deposit into your bank account:
Students may sign up for Direct Deposit through Enroll & Pay > Campus Finances > Direct Deposit for Refunds. Or, a Direct Deposit Authorization form (pdf) may be filled out and brought to Student Accounts and Receivables. Once you have submitted the form, any excess financial aid and other credit balances will be electronically transferred to your designated bank account each semester. If you change bank accounts, you must update your bank information online or with a new Direct Deposit form. Parents who are securing a Parent PLUS Loan may also enroll in Direct Deposit by filling out the Direct Deposit Authorization for Parent PLUS loan form.

Note: Students and Parents who do not personally deliver the form to Student Accounts and Receivables must have the form notarized by someone other than a family member.

Student Financial Aid Recipients have the right to cancel all or part of student and/or parent loans within 14 days of disbursement. To cancel loan funds, you must submit a written request to Financial Aid & Scholarship, specifying which loan(s) to cancel and/or reduce. You may have financial responsibility to the University for funds returned. Please contact Financial Aid & Scholarship through the following means:

  1. In offices located at the KU Visitor's Center, 1502 Iowa Street
  2. By mail at 1502 Iowa Street, Lawrence, KS 66045
  3. By email at financialaid@ku.edu
  4. By phone at 785-864-4700

Contact Information

KU Student Accounts & Receivables
1246 West Campus Road, Room 1
Lawrence, KS 66045

What would you like to do?

How do I view my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices; instead you’ll be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated.  To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay then select:  Campus Finances >  View/Print Bill.

What are my payment options?

  • PAY ONLINE through Enroll & Pay with eCheck, Bank Wire or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
  • Mail in a personal check, cashier's check or money order to the above address.
  • Pay in person with check or money order to our Cashiers in Carruth O'Leary, Room #1
  • A payment plan4 through Nelnet is another option.  There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees.  This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Sign up through Enroll & Pay at:  Campus Finances > Direct Deposit for Refunds;  OR fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) and bring it to Student Account Services.

What if I want to appeal a late fee?

Go to the KU Registrar’s home page and complete an online Fee Petition under the “Tuition & Fees” link

How do I access my 1098-T tax form?

In Enroll & Pay go to: Campus Finances, then “View 1098-T”.  The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically, you (or your student) need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, then click the green “submit” button.

To Do Checklist
  • Sign up for Direct Deposit. This is University policy. Not signing up for direct deposit will cause your refund to be delayed.
  • Set up parents, guardians, or significant others as delegates. Delegates will have access to designated information in your account. Setting up delegates allows KU to discuss your account with designated individuals. 
  • Set up payment delegates in TouchNet. This will allow delegates to make payments on your student account.
  • Provide your Social Security number to the Registrar's office for 1098-T reporting. Failure to do so may result in a fee assessed to you by the IRS.
  • Keep your contact information updated in Enroll & Pay. This can be done in the Student Center in the Personal Information section.
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today