Payment Questions

How do I pay my bill?

There are several payment options.  You may use one or a combination of them.

Pay online with an e-check (which is free), Bank Wire or with a debit/credit card (VISA, Discover, MasterCard, American Express).  Debit/credit cards can only be accepted on-line. There is a 2.85% (effective May 1, 2018) convenience fee if you choose to pay with a debit/credit card. 

Payment may be sent to the lockbox address that appears on your e-bill.

Pay in person at Student Accounts and Receivables, Room 1 Carruth O'Leary. Payments may be made Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:10 am – 4:00pm and 9:40 am to 4:00 pm on Thursdays.

A payment plan through Nelnet is another option for Fall and Spring semesters.  There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees.  This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

If I disagree with a charge on my account, who do I contact?

Contact the department that has assessed the charge. They will be the only one that can explain or adjust the amount you are questioning. If your question has to do with tuition and related fees, please contact the University Registrar's Office. An appeal form is available on their website under Fee Petition ».

Charge Department Email Phone Number
Tuition, related fees, late fees Registrar registrar@ku.edu 785-864-4422
Campus housing, meal plan Housing housing@ku.edu 785-864-4560
Loans, grants, scholarships Financial Aid financialaid@ku.edu 785-864-4700
Payments, payment plan, due dates Student Accounts and Receivables stu.account@ku.edu 785-864-3322
Beak ‘Em Bucks KU Card Center kucard@ku.edu 785-864-5845
Library Fines Library libfines@ku.edu 785-864-8983
Health Services Watkins health@ku.edu 785-864-9520
New Student Fee Admissions adm@ku.edu 785-864-3911
Orientation Changes First Year Experience firstyear@ku.edu 785-864-4270

How do I take care of a NPY hold?

Pay your account in full online through Enroll & Pay, Self Service > Student Center > under Finances > Make a Payment or at the cashier service windows, Room 23 Strong Hall. If you pay online, the system will automatically release your hold within one hour. 

Why is my online account balance different than my latest KU bill?

Bills are created on or about the 21st of each month. The bill is a snapshot of your account on the 21st. It is common for account balances to change due to new charges, payments, credits, or other adjustments. Your online account balance is updated daily and reflects the most recent activity on your account. You can view your current account balance and pay online at https://sa.ku.edu

I did not receive a bill in the mail. Where did you mail my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices to students. Instead, students will be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated on or about the 21 st of each month. To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay then select Self Service> Student Center> under Finances> Account Management> View/Print Bill. 

Why won't you give me information regarding my child's account? I pay the bill.

A federal law under the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires that students provide authorization to Student Accounts and Receivables before we can release financial information to anyone. We understand that many parents, spouses, or other individuals pay or need to discuss charges on a student's account. To assist students who want Student Accounts and Receivables to communicate with other individuals, students must setup designated individuals as Delegates in Enroll & Pay. Information about setting up Delegates and Delegate access can be found on KU's Delegate Access webpage.

How do I (student) access the Enroll & Pay system?

Enroll & Pay uses the same ID and password as the one you use to obtain your grades online. For questions or assistance with this process, please contact the Computer Center Help Desk at 785-864-8080. 

Nelnet Payment Plan

What if I pay Nelnet more than the amount due on my KU account?

Nelnet will forward all payments to KU weekly. If a payment applies to your KU account that causes a credit balance to exist, KU will send an overpayment refund to you after the 50% refund period has passed for the semester. Refunds are sent to your bank account via direct deposit or to your billing or permanent address as listed in the Enroll & Pay system. You can setup direct deposit at https://sa.ku.edu - Student Services Center - Finances - Direct Deposit of Refunds. Addresses can be updated by selecting Student Services Center - General Info tab - Addresses. 

When is my payment due to Nelnet?

Nelnet payments are due on the 1st of the month.  An account is past due on the 5th of the month the payment is due with Nelnet. 

What happens if I do not pay Nelnet or KU the full amount due on my KU account?

A hold will be placed on your KU account preventing you from enrolling in future semesters or receiving a transcript until your KU account is paid in full. KU will assess late payment fees when payments are not received on time. In addition, your Nelnet account will be cancelled by Nelnet if payment is past due by 30 days. If this occurs, you will owe all outstanding amounts to KU immediately and be subject to KU late payment fees policy. 

Does Nelnet charge late fees or can they cancel my payment plan?

Nelnet must receive the required payment by the 1st of the month that the payment is due. In addition, your Nelnet account will be cancelled by Nelnet if payment is past due by 30 days. If this occurs, you will owe all outstanding amounts to KU immediately and be subject to KU late payment fees policy. 

Does Nelnet have access to my KU account or prepay my KU account balance?

Nelnet does not prepay your bill nor does Nelnet have access to specific details on your KU account. KU does not automatically send student personal information to Nelnet (i.e. name, address, phone number); therefore, you should contact Nelnet to update personal information records as needed. 


Payment Delegate Questions

I’m trying to make a payment for my student but it won’t recognize my sign-on info. What do I do?

Recently we changed to a new payment processing vendor called TouchNet.  Your student needs to establish delegates for both Enroll & Pay AND also payment delegates within TouchNet.   The following link provides instructions for both the student and the payment delegate.  It also includes a document with screen shots that might be helpful.  http://student-account-services.ku.edu/pay-online

Be sure to log in using the same email address which your student entered for you.

I keep trying to pay but nothing happens.

Mobile devices such as cell phones, tablets and iPads will not work.  On your desktop or laptop, please make sure any pop-up blockers are disabled-- the payment site needs to open a new window.  Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers seem to work best.  Safari and Google Chrome are problematic for many users. 

Why won’t you accept my payment? It says I need to check my routing and account numbers.

KU and TouchNet are not denying your payment attempt.  That message is coming back from your banking institution.  It generally means that the information you have entered is incorrect.  Please verify that you have the correct numbers entered.  Some banks have different routing numbers for checking versus savings accounts.  Some banks have leading zeros in your bank account number, but those zeros don’t appear on your printed checks.  If in doubt, you may need to confirm with your bank.

Contact Information

KU Student Accounts & Receivables
1246 West Campus Road, Room 1
Lawrence, KS 66045

What would you like to do?

How do I view my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices; instead you’ll be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated.  To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay then select:  Campus Finances >  View/Print Bill.

What are my payment options?

  • PAY ONLINE through Enroll & Pay with eCheck, Bank Wire or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
  • Mail in a personal check, cashier's check or money order to the above address.
  • Pay in person with check or money order to our Cashiers in Carruth O'Leary, Room #1
  • A payment plan4 through Nelnet is another option.  There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees.  This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Sign up through Enroll & Pay at:  Campus Finances > Direct Deposit for Refunds;  OR fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) and bring it to Student Account Services.

What if I want to appeal a late fee?

Go to the KU Registrar’s home page and complete an online Fee Petition under the “Tuition & Fees” link

How do I access my 1098-T tax form?

In Enroll & Pay go to: Campus Finances, then “View 1098-T”.  The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically, you (or your student) need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, then click the green “submit” button.

To Do Checklist
  • Sign up for Direct Deposit. This is University policy. Not signing up for direct deposit will cause your refund to be delayed.
  • Set up parents, guardians, or significant others as delegates. Delegates will have access to designated information in your account. Setting up delegates allows KU to discuss your account with designated individuals. 
  • Set up payment delegates in TouchNet. This will allow delegates to make payments on your student account.
  • Provide your Social Security number to the Registrar's office for 1098-T reporting. Failure to do so may result in a fee assessed to you by the IRS.
  • Keep your contact information updated in Enroll & Pay. This can be done in the Student Center in the Personal Information section.
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today