• Home
  • Resources
  • Tax
  • 1098-T


1098-T Information for calendar year 2020 is now available and can be accessed through your KU Enroll & Pay account. This is the form that shows how much tuition you paid KU in a calendar year. This information will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service in compliance with federal regulations. NOTE: Prior to the reporting for calendar year 2018, KU reported the billed amount in Box 2.

If you have already granted consent to receive your 1098-T online, your setup is complete.

To be able to access this information on-line, follow the instructions below:

  • Navigate to: Enroll and Pay > Student Financials Tile > Account Services > View 1098-T

If you have not given consent yet, click on the green consent button towards the bottom of the page to bring up the consent agreement. Click in the box for “Yes, I have read…” to grant consent. Click on Submit; that's all there is to it!

Have you forgotten your password to Enroll and Pay? »

The University of Kansas cannot answer tax questions; you must contact your tax professional.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a 1098-T?
1098-T forms can be found online in Enroll & Pay. Once you are logged into Enroll & Pay », select the Student Financials Tile > Account Services > View 1098-T The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically you will need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, check the box indicating that the consent agreement has been read, and then click the green submit button. The next page will list 1098-T forms by year. Click the hyperlink for the desired year and that year’s 1098-T form will appear as a .pdf file.

If I don’t grant electronic access to my 1098T, when will my 1098-T be mailed?
For those students not granting electronic access, paper 1098-T’s will be mailed by the end of January.

I no longer have access to Enroll & Pay to get a 1098-T. How can I regain access?
As a student, you always have access to Enroll & Pay. Most likely your password is expired. Enter your online ID and click on the Forgot your password link. If you don't remember your online ID, please contact KU’s IT Customer Service Center » help desk at 785-864-8080. You will need to know your KU student ID number before contacting the IT Customer Service Center help desk. If you have forgotten your KU ID number, contact the KU Registrar’s Office at 785-864-4422.

The amount listed on the 1098-T does not equal what was paid last year. Is my 1098-T correct?
Only payments received in a calendar year for qualified tuition amounts can be reflected in Box 1. The payments you actually made to KU may have included payments for housing or optional campus fees and these are not qualified charges. Additionally, charges you paid for in a calendar year may have been billed in the prior calendar year.

Can Student Accounts and Receivables help me with my taxes?
Student Accounts and Receivables cannot give tax advice. Please contact a tax professional.

I’m a Delegate and I can’t find the 1098-T.  How can I get that form? 
Once you have been set up as a Delegate and the student has agreed to give you online consent, you would go to Account Services (Enroll & Pay) and click on View 1098-T.

How do I revoke my electronic consent to receive my 1098-T? 
Complete the Revoke Electronic 1098-T Consent Form. Send the form to Student Accounts and Receivables.

Contact Information

KU Student Accounts & Receivables
1246 West Campus Road, Room 20
Lawrence, KS 66045

What would you like to do?

How do I view my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices; instead you will be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated. To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay, select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select Print or View a Bill

What are my payment options?

  • PAY ONLINE through Enroll & Pay with eCheck, Bank Wire or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
  • Mail in a personal check, cashier's check or money order to the above address.
  • Pay in person with check or money order. In person payments can be put into the drop box located on the loading dock behind Carruth O'Leary, on the east side of the buliding. Please include your name and KU ID Number, and put your payment inside of an envelope.
  • A payment plan4 through Nelnet is another option. There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees. This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Sign up through Enroll & Pay by selecting the Student Financials Tile and then clicking the Direct Deposit link from the left-hand menu, OR fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) and bring it to KU Student Accounts & Receivables.

What if I want to appeal a late fee?

Go to the KU Registrar’s home page and complete an online Fee Petition under the “Tuition & Fees” link

How do I access my 1098-T tax form?

In Enroll & Pay select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select 1098-T. The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically, you (or your student) need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, then click the green “submit” button.

To Do Checklist
  • Sign up for Direct Deposit. This is University policy. Refunds will be delayed if a direct deposit account is not on file.
  • Set Up Delegates. A delegate will have access to designated information in your account and allows KU to discuss your account with the designated individuals. This could be a parent/guardian, spouse, or another designated individual.
  • 1098-T Reporting.  Provide your Social Security Number to the Registrar's Office for 1098-T tax purposes. Failure to do so may result in a fee assessed to you by the IRS.
  • Keep Your Contact Information Updated.  Log into Enroll & Pay > Personal Details.
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today