• Home
  • Refunds
  • Other Refunds

Other Refunds

General Payment Refunds
General payment refunds are disbursed after the 20th day of class. Thereafter, general payment refunds are subject to a 14 day encumbrance from the date of payment before being disbursed in the next scheduled refund batch. Effective November 1, 2009, KU has a new refund policy for Lawrence and Edwards Campus students requiring direct deposit for student account refunds.  

Direct Deposit into your bank account
Students may sign up for Direct Deposit through Enroll & Pay by selecting the Student Financials tile and then clicking the Direct Deposit link form the left-hand menu, or a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) may be filled out and brought to Student Accounts and Receivables. Once you have submitted the form, any excess financial aid and other credit balances will be electronically transferred to your bank account each semester. If you change bank accounts, you must update your bank information online or with a new Direct Deposit form.
 Important:  Students who do not personally deliver the form to Student Accounts and Receivables must have the form notarized by someone other than a family member.

Withdrawing / Dropping hours
Depending on when you withdraw from the University, you may or may not owe for tuition and fees. Please refer to the Registrar’s website for more information and a refund schedule.

Canceling your enrollment
If you wish to cancel your enrollment, you may withdraw. If you do not intend to return to KU for the start of a new term, you must properly cancel your enrollment before the due date to avoid late fees. If you have accepted financial aid, you must also submit a written request to Financial Aid and Scholarships (FAS) to cancel your awards. For additional information refer to the Withdraw/Dropping Information Sheet at http://affordability.ku.edu/billing/refunds.

Contact Information

KU Student Accounts & Receivables
1246 West Campus Road, Room 20
Lawrence, KS 66045

What would you like to do?

How do I view my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices; instead you will be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated. To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay, select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select Print or View a Bill

What are my payment options?

  • PAY ONLINE through Enroll & Pay with eCheck, Bank Wire or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
  • Mail in a personal check, cashier's check or money order to the above address.
  • Pay in person with check or money order. In person payments can be put into the drop box located on the loading dock behind Carruth O'Leary, on the east side of the buliding. Please include your name and KU ID Number, and put your payment inside of an envelope.
  • A payment plan4 through Nelnet is another option. There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees. This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Sign up through Enroll & Pay by selecting the Student Financials Tile and then clicking the Direct Deposit link from the left-hand menu, OR fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) and bring it to KU Student Accounts & Receivables.

What if I want to appeal a late fee?

Go to the KU Registrar’s home page and complete an online Fee Petition under the “Tuition & Fees” link

How do I access my 1098-T tax form?

In Enroll & Pay select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select 1098-T. The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically, you (or your student) need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, then click the green “submit” button.

To Do Checklist
  • Sign up for Direct Deposit. This is University policy. Refunds will be delayed if a direct deposit account is not on file.
  • Set Up Delegates. A delegate will have access to designated information in your account and allows KU to discuss your account with the designated individuals. This could be a parent/guardian, spouse, or another designated individual.
  • 1098-T Reporting.  Provide your Social Security Number to the Registrar's Office for 1098-T tax purposes. Failure to do so may result in a fee assessed to you by the IRS.
  • Keep Your Contact Information Updated.  Log into Enroll & Pay > Personal Details.
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today