• Home
  • Resources
  • Loans
  • Entrance and Exit Interviews

Entrance and Exit Interviews

Things you need to know while you are a student:

  • If you have been awarded an HPSL or LDS loan for the new school year, the promissory note will be available at our loan servicer's website, within 48 hours of accepting your loan with the Financial Aid office. The note and accompanying Initial Interview Questionaire must be completed online for your loan funds to be available.
  • Excess funds from your HPSL or LDS loan may be directly deposited into your bank account.
  • The University of Kansas contracts with ECSI to service Perkins loans. ECSI's phone number is 1-888-549-3274.
  • While you are in school at least half-time, your loan is deferred. You must keep this office updated as to your expected date of graduation. If you are attending another school, you must notify ECSI immediately.
  • Once you graduate you will have a nine (9) month grace period before your first payment will be due.
  • An annual statement will be mailed in January each year indicating your current status, outstanding balance, amount of interest paid for the current year, and the amount of principal, interest, and late charges paid over the life of the loan. This is not a bill. All borrowers will receive this statement.

If you have one or more of these loans through the University of Kansas, there are some important things to remember.

You must contact ECSI or our office if:

  • You have a change in enrollment status (i.e. either leaving the University of Kansas, dropping below half time enrollment, or returning to the University of Kansas after an absence)
  • You change your name, address, phone number, or social security number.
  • You need to request a deferment, postponement, or cancellation form before you are scheduled to enter repayment. These forms may be printed from ECSI's website and through the Forms page on this website.
  • You are unable to make your scheduled payments.


  • Are received and processed by ECSI. ECSI's mailing address is University of Kansas, c/o ECSI, 181 Montour Run Rd, Coraopolis, PA 15108-9408
  • Are due on the 15th of each month.
  • Late charges are assessed on the 16th of each month.
  • Are not processed by postmark date but the actual date received.
  • If you are unable to make scheduled payments, contact ECSI immediately. You may be eligible for forbearance or other payment options. If you show an unwillingness to pay and your loan goes into default, your account may be placed with an outside collection agency. Under the terms of your promissory note this will add further collection costs to your loan debt, damage your credit rating, and jeopardize your ability to receive any future financial aid.
  • Borrowers may set up automatic loan payments through ECSI's ACH system. ECSI accepts credit card payments. A nominal fee is added to credit card payments.

We are required by Federal Regulations to report every loan to a national credit bureau on a monthly basis.

Contact Information

KU Student Accounts & Receivables
1246 West Campus Road, Room 20
Lawrence, KS 66045

What would you like to do?

How do I view my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices; instead you will be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated. To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay, select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select Print or View a Bill

What are my payment options?

  • PAY ONLINE through Enroll & Pay with eCheck, Bank Wire or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
  • Mail in a personal check, cashier's check or money order to the above address.
  • Pay in person with check or money order. In person payments can be put into the drop box located on the loading dock behind Carruth O'Leary, on the east side of the buliding. Please include your name and KU ID Number, and put your payment inside of an envelope.
  • A payment plan4 through Nelnet is another option. There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees. This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Sign up through Enroll & Pay by selecting the Student Financials Tile and then clicking the Direct Deposit link from the left-hand menu, OR fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) and bring it to KU Student Accounts & Receivables.

What if I want to appeal a late fee?

Go to the KU Registrar’s home page and complete an online Fee Petition under the “Tuition & Fees” link

How do I access my 1098-T tax form?

In Enroll & Pay select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select 1098-T. The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically, you (or your student) need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, then click the green “submit” button.

To Do Checklist
  • Sign up for Direct Deposit. This is University policy. Refunds will be delayed if a direct deposit account is not on file.
  • Set Up Delegates. A delegate will have access to designated information in your account and allows KU to discuss your account with the designated individuals. This could be a parent/guardian, spouse, or another designated individual.
  • 1098-T Reporting.  Provide your Social Security Number to the Registrar's Office for 1098-T tax purposes. Failure to do so may result in a fee assessed to you by the IRS.
  • Keep Your Contact Information Updated.  Log into Enroll & Pay > Personal Details.
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today