• Home
  • Letter to Sponsored Students

Letter to Sponsored Students

Dear Sponsored Students:

The University of Kansas has long valued its relationship with our sponsoring colleagues. We coordinate for hundreds of donors and thousands of students each year.

The standard sponsor invoice from Enroll & Pay combines all covered students onto one bill. Our system is also able to produce a “Single Student” sponsor invoice which lists each person on a separate bill, along with the number of hours enrolled for the current term. Your sponsor is permitted to choose which type invoicing is preferred.

Increasingly sponsors have outsourced payment processing to a third party, and/or have made special invoicing or documentation requests. And some information disclosure is prohibited by federal FERPA law unless you have a valid Sponsored Student Information Release Form on file with this office.

We want to maintain a consistent and high level of customer service with our sponsor program, for future terms Student Accounts & Receivables will provide our standard invoicing to the sponsor as they designate. This means that any extra stipulations such as class schedules, cost breakdowns per course, returning extra documents to a sponsor, or requiring Student Accounts & Receivables personnel to certify other forms will not be provided. Based on your sponsor requirements, this may mean that you will need to play a more active role in providing such information to them to ensure timely processing and payment of your sponsorship in accordance with our program.

We strongly encourage you to contact your sponsor to discuss their invoicing requirements. Please note additional resource information contacts:

  • Fee schedules can be found online at registrar.ku.edu>Current Students>Fees (this lists class course fees, campus fees and tuition costs)
  • Official Transcripts (at an additional cost) from the Registrar’s Office
  • Certifications, Diplomas and Fee schedules (upon your request as a student) from the Registrar’s Office
  • You may initiate other services of interest through the Registrar’s Office
  • Late Fee removal requests must be made through assessment@ku.edu

Please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you.


The University of Kansas
Student Accounts & Receivables

Contact Information

KU Student Accounts & Receivables
1246 West Campus Road, Room 20
Lawrence, KS 66045

What would you like to do?

How do I view my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices; instead you will be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated. To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay, select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select Print or View a Bill

What are my payment options?

  • PAY ONLINE through Enroll & Pay with eCheck, Bank Wire or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
  • Mail in a personal check, cashier's check or money order to the above address.
  • Pay in person with check or money order. In person payments can be put into the drop box located on the loading dock behind Carruth O'Leary, on the east side of the buliding. Please include your name and KU ID Number, and put your payment inside of an envelope.
  • A payment plan4 through Nelnet is another option. There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees. This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Sign up through Enroll & Pay by selecting the Student Financials Tile and then clicking the Direct Deposit link from the left-hand menu, OR fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) and bring it to KU Student Accounts & Receivables.

What if I want to appeal a late fee?

Go to the KU Registrar’s home page and complete an online Fee Petition under the “Tuition & Fees” link

How do I access my 1098-T tax form?

In Enroll & Pay select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select 1098-T. The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically, you (or your student) need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, then click the green “submit” button.

To Do Checklist
  • Sign up for Direct Deposit. This is University policy. Refunds will be delayed if a direct deposit account is not on file.
  • Set Up Delegates. A delegate will have access to designated information in your account and allows KU to discuss your account with the designated individuals. This could be a parent/guardian, spouse, or another designated individual.
  • 1098-T Reporting.  Provide your Social Security Number to the Registrar's Office for 1098-T tax purposes. Failure to do so may result in a fee assessed to you by the IRS.
  • Keep Your Contact Information Updated.  Log into Enroll & Pay > Personal Details.
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today