• Home
  • Departmental Deposits
  • Deposit Interfunds

Student Accounts & Receivables is open by appointment only, with reduced hours. Walk-in appointments are not allowed. See our Appointments page for further information. Staff continues to work remotely as well and is available for assistance by phone at 785-864-3322 or by email at stu.account@ku.edu. The office will be closed from Thursday, December 24 through Friday, January 1. We will reopen on Monday, January 4.

Deposit Interfunds


Interfund is a means by which one state agency may pay another state agency without physically sending cash or check for payment.  Each Interfund is considered an independent arms length stand-alone transaction.  Interfund process involves two components: Payable Interfund and a Deposit Interfund to complete one transaction.  Each Interfund is assigned a unique ID number.  These transactions are processed through the State of Kansas system called Statewide Management, Accounting, Reporting Tool (SMART).  When receiving payment by Interfund, an Interfund Deposit Form must be completed to facilitate the posting of the transaction.  A separate deposit must be made for each Interfund payment received. 

Payables Interfund

To pay another state agency by Interfund is processed as an invoice in FITC.  Please contact the Payables Office if you have any questions.

Deposit Interfund

To receive payment from another state agency by Interfund is processed by submitting the Interfund Deposit Form (webform) to Student Accounts & Receivables online. 

Identifying Pending SMART Interfunds

If your department is anticipating receiving payment by Interfund, use the following process to search for Interfunds in SMART.  If you need access to SMART, formal SMART access request are submitted to fms@ku.edu.

To locate deposit in SMART:
  1. Log in to SMART »
  2. Search for the Interfunds paying the department
  3. From the main menu – Accounts Receivable > Interfund Details
    1.    If known, enter the Interfund ID needing to be completed
    2.    If the Interfund ID is not known, Search by Supplier ID = 68200 & Deposit Approval Status = Unapproved.
    3.    If known, you can also add the State of Kansas Agency Code to the AP Business unit field.

Completing the Interfund Deposit Form

Submit an Interfund Deposit Form (webform) for each Interfund.

  1. Complete all required fields on the form.
  2. Provide comments as needed to further ensure accurate processing. 

Questions regarding deposit interfunds, send an email to acct-rec@ku.edu and add the word "Interfund" to the subject line of the email.

Contact Information

KU Student Accounts & Receivables
1246 West Campus Road, Room 1
Lawrence, KS 66045

What would you like to do?

How do I view my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices; instead you will be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated. To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay, select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select Print or View a Bill

What are my payment options?

  • PAY ONLINE through Enroll & Pay with eCheck, Bank Wire or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
  • Mail in a personal check, cashier's check or money order to the above address.
  • Pay in person with check or money order. In person payments can be put into the drop box located on the loading dock behind Carruth O'Leary, on the east side of the buliding. Please include your name and KU ID Number, and put your payment inside of an envelope.
  • A payment plan4 through Nelnet is another option. There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees. This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Sign up through Enroll & Pay by selecting the Student Financials Tile and then clicking the Direct Deposit link from the left-hand menu, OR fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) and bring it to KU Student Accounts & Receivables.

What if I want to appeal a late fee?

Go to the KU Registrar’s home page and complete an online Fee Petition under the “Tuition & Fees” link

How do I access my 1098-T tax form?

In Enroll & Pay select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select 1098-T. The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically, you (or your student) need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, then click the green “submit” button.

To Do Checklist
  • Sign up for Direct Deposit. This is University policy. Refunds will be delayed if a direct deposit account is not on file.
  • Set Up Delegates. A delegate will have access to designated information in your account and allows KU to discuss your account with the designated individuals. This could be a parent/guardian, spouse, or another designated individual.
  • Set Up Payment Delegates in TouchNet. This will allow delegates to make payments on your student account.
  • 1098-T Reporting.  Provide your Social Security Number to the Registrar's Office for 1098-T tax purposes. Failure to do so may result in a fee assessed to you by the IRS.
  • Keep Your Contact Information Updated.  Log into Enroll & Pay > Personal Details.
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today