Student Accounts & Receivables is open by appointment only, with reduced hours. Walk-in appointments are not allowed. See our Appointments page for further information. Staff continues to work remotely as well and is available for assistance by phone at 785-864-3322 or by email at The office will be closed from Thursday, December 24 through Friday, January 1. We will reopen on Monday, January 4.

Payment Questions

How do I pay my bill?

There are several payment options.  You may use one or a combination of them.

Pay online with an e-check (which is free), Bank Wire or with a debit/credit card (VISA, Discover, MasterCard, American Express).  Debit/credit cards can only be accepted on-line. There is a 2.85% (effective May 1, 2018) convenience fee if you choose to pay with a debit/credit card. 

Payment may be sent to the lockbox address that appears on your e-bill.

Pay in person at Student Accounts and Receivables, Room 1 Carruth O'Leary. Payments may be made Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:10 am – 4:00pm and 9:40 am to 4:00 pm on Thursdays.

A payment plan through Nelnet is another option for Fall and Spring semesters.  There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees.  This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

If I disagree with a charge on my account, who do I contact?

Contact the department that has assessed the charge. They will be the only one that can explain or adjust the amount you are questioning. If your question has to do with tuition and related fees, please contact the University Registrar's Office. An appeal form is available on their website under Fee Petition ».

Charge Department Email Phone Number
Tuition, related fees, late fees Registrar 785-864-4422
Campus housing, meal plan Housing 785-864-4560
Loans, grants, scholarships Financial Aid 785-864-4700
Payments, payment plan, due dates Student Accounts and Receivables 785-864-3322
Beak ‘Em Bucks KU Card Center 785-864-5845
Library Fines Library 785-864-8983
Health Services Watkins 785-864-9520
New Student Fee Admissions 785-864-3911
Orientation Changes First Year Experience 785-864-4270

How do I take care of a NPY hold?

Pay your account in full online through Enroll & Pay > Student Financials Tile > Make a Payment, or at the cashier service windows in Carruth O'Leary #1. If you pay online, the system will automatically release your hold within one hour. 

Why is my online account balance different than my latest KU bill?

Bills are created on or about the 21st of each month. The bill is a snapshot of your account on the 21st. It is common for account balances to change due to new charges, payments, credits, or other adjustments. Your online account balance is updated daily and reflects the most recent activity on your account. You can view your current account balance and pay online at

I did not receive a bill in the mail. Where did you mail my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices to students. Instead, students will be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated on or about the 21 st of each month. To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay then select the Student Financials Tile > Account Services > Print or View a Bill

Why won't you give me information regarding my child's account? I pay the bill.

A federal law under the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires that students provide authorization to Student Accounts and Receivables before we can release financial information to anyone. We understand that many parents, spouses, or other individuals pay or need to discuss charges on a student's account. To assist students who want Student Accounts and Receivables to communicate with other individuals, students must setup designated individuals as Delegates in Enroll & Pay. Information about setting up Delegates and Delegate access can be found on KU's Delegate Access webpage.

How do I (student) access the Enroll & Pay system?

Enroll & Pay uses the same ID and password as the one you use to obtain your grades online. For questions or assistance with this process, please contact the Computer Center Help Desk at 785-864-8080. 

Contact Information

KU Student Accounts & Receivables
1246 West Campus Road, Room 1
Lawrence, KS 66045

What would you like to do?

How do I view my bill?

The University of Kansas does not mail paper invoices; instead you will be notified by email that a new eBill has been generated. To obtain your eBill, login to Enroll & Pay, select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select Print or View a Bill

What are my payment options?

  • PAY ONLINE through Enroll & Pay with eCheck, Bank Wire or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
  • Mail in a personal check, cashier's check or money order to the above address.
  • Pay in person with check or money order. In person payments can be put into the drop box located on the loading dock behind Carruth O'Leary, on the east side of the buliding. Please include your name and KU ID Number, and put your payment inside of an envelope.
  • A payment plan4 through Nelnet is another option. There is a deadline each semester to enroll. Payments must be made by the 1st of each month to Nelnet to avoid late fees. This plan is not for past due balances owed to KU.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Sign up through Enroll & Pay by selecting the Student Financials Tile and then clicking the Direct Deposit link from the left-hand menu, OR fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form (pdf) and bring it to KU Student Accounts & Receivables.

What if I want to appeal a late fee?

Go to the KU Registrar’s home page and complete an online Fee Petition under the “Tuition & Fees” link

How do I access my 1098-T tax form?

In Enroll & Pay select the Student Financials Tile, select Account Services, and then select 1098-T. The first time you retrieve a 1098-T electronically, you (or your student) need to read the 1098-T consent agreement, then click the green “submit” button.

To Do Checklist
  • Sign up for Direct Deposit. This is University policy. Refunds will be delayed if a direct deposit account is not on file.
  • Set Up Delegates. A delegate will have access to designated information in your account and allows KU to discuss your account with the designated individuals. This could be a parent/guardian, spouse, or another designated individual.
  • Set Up Payment Delegates in TouchNet. This will allow delegates to make payments on your student account.
  • 1098-T Reporting.  Provide your Social Security Number to the Registrar's Office for 1098-T tax purposes. Failure to do so may result in a fee assessed to you by the IRS.
  • Keep Your Contact Information Updated.  Log into Enroll & Pay > Personal Details.
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today