Entrance and Exit Interviews
Things you need to know while you are a student:
- If you have been awarded an HPSL or LDS loan for the new school year, the promissory note will be available at our loan servicer's website, within 48 hours of accepting your loan with the Financial Aid office. The note and accompanying Initial Interview Questionaire must be completed online for your loan funds to be available.
- Excess funds from your HPSL or LDS loan may be directly deposited into your bank account.
- The University of Kansas contracts with ECSI to service Perkins loans. ECSI's phone number is 1-888-549-3274.
- While you are in school at least half-time, your loan is deferred. You must keep this office updated as to your expected date of graduation. If you are attending another school, you must notify ECSI immediately.
- Once you graduate you will have a nine (9) month grace period before your first payment will be due.
- An annual statement will be mailed in January each year indicating your current status, outstanding balance, amount of interest paid for the current year, and the amount of principal, interest, and late charges paid over the life of the loan. This is not a bill. All borrowers will receive this statement.
If you have one or more of these loans through the University of Kansas, there are some important things to remember.
You must contact ECSI or our office if:
- You have a change in enrollment status (i.e. either leaving the University of Kansas, dropping below half time enrollment, or returning to the University of Kansas after an absence)
- You change your name, address, phone number, or social security number.
- You need to request a deferment, postponement, or cancellation form before you are scheduled to enter repayment. These forms may be printed from ECSI's website and through the Forms page on this website.
- You are unable to make your scheduled payments.
- Are received and processed by ECSI. ECSI's mailing address is University of Kansas, c/o ECSI, 181 Montour Run Rd, Coraopolis, PA 15108-9408
- Are due on the 15th of each month.
- Late charges are assessed on the 16th of each month.
- Are not processed by postmark date but the actual date received.
- If you are unable to make scheduled payments, contact ECSI immediately. You may be eligible for forbearance or other payment options. If you show an unwillingness to pay and your loan goes into default, your account may be placed with an outside collection agency. Under the terms of your promissory note this will add further collection costs to your loan debt, damage your credit rating, and jeopardize your ability to receive any future financial aid.
- Borrowers may set up automatic loan payments through ECSI's ACH system. ECSI accepts credit card payments. A nominal fee is added to credit card payments.
We are required by Federal Regulations to report every loan to a national credit bureau on a monthly basis.